Humble Crumble is a fast growing company and we're looking for an enthusiastic, professional and detail oriented manager to join our team. Two years experience minimum. A passion for baking is desirable.
Salary: Dependant on experience
Quarterly performance based bonus
At Humble Crumble, we're busy! Busy making crumbles, busy serving customers, busy recipe testing and so we're looking for a hands on manager, who loves to get involved!
We hope you'll learn with us and grow with us as the company expands and we want to give you a lot of opportunity to do this. So this is the perfect role for someone looking to diversify their experience, learn new skills and make impactful decisions. We're looking for someone who has management experience or who is on the path to becoming a manager.
As the manager you will be leading our kitchen and our front of house staff, you'll be setting up site specific projects and be involved in new recipe testing. We need you to represent our values and to lead by example and provide support for our team. We want you to build connections with our customers, manage the financials, encourage the team to perform their best and to teach them new skills and to spearhead the everyday operations. As the manager, you'll have the autonomy to treat the cafe as one that you own: it's your space so you make the decisions.
Any Humble Crumble manager will be working in a fast-paced but exciting role. It requires being a hands on, inspiring leader with an eye for detail. Customer service is as important as the crumbles we serve, so the successful applicant needs to understand what makes a meaningful customer experience. The manager leads the team to create an efficient running of the Front of House and the Kitchen.
AS A MANAGER
• Lead, support, teach and manage a high performing team.
• Organise recipe development for specials and new products with your team and other HC management.
• Establish the highest level of hospitality by creating a warm, positive and clean atmosphere in the shop.
• Establish a good rapport with regular customers and encourage customers to return through fantastic service and new initiatives.
• Lead, inspire and motivate the team.
• Continue to look for ways to drive your shop’s financial performance.
• Work with your team on the shop floor, staying close to the day-to-day business. Appropriately scheduling your team and deploying them to ensure a smooth and efficient service at all times.
• Ensure opens and closes run smoothly, admin and issues are dealt with proactively, and the shop is always appropriately stocked with products and equipment.
• Encourage and create a vibrant, exciting and sociable place of work.
• Be driven by high standards and instil this same motivation within your team.
Management experience within a high-end food & beverage environment; which includes managing profit & loss, sourcing suppliers, procurement and food & beverage merchandising. A proven track record in people management, with the ability to network, recruit, train, develop and assess talent. Strong planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail. Experience of working across different levels within an organisation. Having a passion for baking and all things patisserie. If you have a track record for recipe development that is an added bonus.
Salary and Contract
Salary will assessed against experience.
You will be contracted to work 45 hours per week.
28 paid holiday days.
Access to a range of learning and development programmes.
Opportunity for promotion and transfer across the sites as the company develops.
Humble Crumble is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves in creating an environment where diversity is celebrated, equality is insisted and inclusion expected. We believe in having the right person in the role; and personality, individuality and uniqueness top the list of what we are looking for in applications and throughout our hiring process.